Friday, June 8, 2007

Monitoring Children's Computer Activites

Do you read your myspace bulletins? I do about once a week. I get so many. This one lady must send me about 5 a day. Today happened to be a day that I actually read my bulletins. One of this gal's bulletins caught my eye and I read it. I wish I hadn't but I'm glad I did because my son will soon be typing away on the computer and as a parent, we need to know what's going on with our kids.

This article is not for the weak, it's disgusting what this boy did, if you want to read it, click here.

I don't want this blog to become a rampage about what this boy did but rather a warning for parents and people in general that when kids or people in general are crying out for help, we need to listen. We need to be good people and not just ignore warning signs and think it's someone else's problem or that you don't want to get involved. This is how Columbine happened, this is how Virginia Tech happened, this is how many tragedies happen.

I don't know about you but I'm going to hug my son tonight and have a little talk with him about appropriateness.

Beth Riegger
Keys 2 Success
Send Out Cards

No comments: