Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Our Deepest Fear is our Greatest Opportunity

I was fortunate enough to find this peice by Kody Bateman, the founder of SendOutCards and I'd like to share it with you.

In 1994, Nelson Mandela gave his Inaugural speech and delivered to the world a message, a message that may go down in history as one of the greatest gifts of expression. His message has turned into one of the most used quotes in motivational speeches around the world. I would like to share his priceless message with you:

Our Deepest Fear

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world; there is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people wont feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's in everyone! As we let our light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Nelson Mandela

The first several times I read this quote, I did not fully understand its meaning. In fact, I found myself asking how can I fear my power and light more than my inadequacies and darkness? I am excited about my gifts, my talents and what I have to offer the world. How could I possibly fear them? I have processed this thought many times through. My answers have come and I have gained a deep sense of appreciation for Mr. Mandela for the deep wisdom and the high energy that resonates from his words.

This is what I have learned:

First of all, I am fortunate to have discovered my gifts. I have an understanding of what I have to offer and I am excited to offer it. Over 85% of our worlds population does not share this good fortune. They knew their gifts at birth but their world clouded their vision of those gifts over time. They often get glimpses of those gifts and they immediately cloud those glimpses with doubt and fear. They fear their gifts because their doubts tell them they will never obtain them. In fact, it becomes their greatest fear because their inner self lets them know that these gifts are their birthright while the outside world says they cant have those gifts or they don't deserve them.

I thought for a while that this was the complete answer but I learned that there was even a deeper meaning to it. I learned that this lesson does not just apply to the 85% that have not fully envisioned their gifts. It also applies to the 15% that know and share their gifts everyday. I learned that, even though I celebrate my power and light by sharing it, I still have a fear of it.
You see, I have been fortunate to manifest life long dreams into reality. I have experienced some success and I believe that I am making a difference in the world. I am currently living a dream and I enjoy the amazing positive energy that comes from that. I have found, that with that energy, new dreams emerge, new goals are written, new possibilities have been created. They are all at a higher level. A new chapter is being written for me; a new step on the ladder has been reached. The view changes the higher you go. I know that the power and light that has been given to me can accomplish much greater things than I could have ever imagined even five years ago. With that knowledge, I have a responsibility to deliver what the universe has entrusted to me. The same fear and doubt sets in; a fear that I might stumble or disappoint; a fear that I might not deliver; a fear that I might not be deserving of this new level of greatness. I have learned that, as before in my life, I must walk through those fears and stake claim on the greatness I have to offer. To realize I have weakness but I will do it anyway. To know that if I simply celebrate the strengths and gifts in others, the universe will celebrate the strengths and gifts in me. And, with that celebration I will overcome the inadequacies, the darkness, the doubt and the fear that tries so hard to hold us all back.

I am fortunate to be in a position where I can watch thousands of other people experiencing this same journey. Every person reading these words is on that journey and you are heading in the right direction. We are all at different levels. Some have small glimpses of their greatness. Others have a clearer vision. SendOutCards gives us an atmosphere and a daily mechanism that will help us bring our greatness into view. We have the opportunity to celebrate another persons greatness every time we send a card. With that celebration, the universe celebrates our greatness and takes us to a new level.

The key is to keep on going. Be consistent with your card sending. Your promptings will guide you to your greatness within and they will prepare you for each new level you reach. We are all destined for greatness. We are all powerful beyond measure. We are all brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous. We were all born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.

Kody Bateman

Thank you so much Kody for your wonderful insights and words of wisdom. You truly show us the way!!

Beth Riegger

Keys 2 Success
Send Out Cards

www.freegreetingcardsonline.info

No comments: